Saturday, 17 November 2012

Fear

What makes us afraid? What feeds our terror? Of course it is fear itself. But what determines the factor? This disability that simply freezes us without any physical trauma. It paralyses our nerves. Drives even the most efficient mind to realize it is nothing but a tangle of flesh.
Every human emotion is a matter of great interest to me. Last night as I was walking through a dark lane.. my feet started to speed up. I wondered at my body's reaction. Because clearly a mental uneasiness was manifesting into a physical reaction. So I asked myself.. why?
I am not psychitrist or a scientist. I don't know the answer. But I want to. So I will simply search and scrutinise them. You are welcome to any sorts of contribution.
So back to the question. Why do we feel fear? Options:
1.Is it a defense mechanism of the brain?
Meaning the brain recognises some factors as potentially harmful. And incites this emotion to protect itself.
2. A repulsion from the unknown?
Unknown : we don't know. We don't know what it is. What it will be. What it will do to us. We establish a hostile response. Which in turn creates a fear.
3.survival instinct?
Anything that threatens ourselves. Implies fear.

So what do you think people? Why do you feel afraid?

No comments:

Post a Comment